Benjamin Butler is a professional freelance illustrator and designer working from Williamsburg, Virginia and Savannah, Georgia. He has experience as a graphic design and illustration intern at SES Networks. He specializes in traditional painting, urban sketching, fashion illustration and editorial illustration.
- SCAD, SketchX Sketchbook Exhibition, Spring 2021 (Won Best Representation of Physical Environment Award)
- La Plata Town Hall, with Shop 53 Gallery, 2017
- Williamsburg Contemporary Art Center, 2020 Virtual Members Show, 7/10/20
- SCAD, SketchX Online Sketchbook Exhibition, Spring 2020 (Won Best in Show, Best Representation of Physical Environment Award )
- Williamsburg Contemporary Art Center, Winter Small Works Show, 11/19/19-12/20/19 (Group)
- SCAD Open Studio Night, Alexander Hall, Savannah, GA, 11/1/19-11/2/19
- Stryker Center, Williamsburg, VA 9/6/19 – 11/22/19
- Williamsburg Contemporary Art Center, Regional Juried Show, 10/8/19-11/15/19
- Foundations Honors Show, SCAD Wallin Hall, 2018
- 7 up High School Competition, Mattawoman Creek Art Gallery, 2017 (Won Best in Show)
- 7 up High School Competition, Mattawoman Creek Art Gallery, 2016 (Honorable Mention)
- Fall Art Show, Waldorf West Library, Charles County Arts Alliance, 2016
Ideation This project was for ILLU 351 Contextual Character Design. I began by drawing 30 characters, 10 men, 10 women and 10 children. I then choose and refined the ones which I thought had the most potential. Refinement Following feedback, I developed my 3 chosen characters into these black and white comps in which their …
This digital illustration was for an assignment for Illu 321 (Animated Illustration). It is an editorial illustration for an article about the changing landscape of digital content. This illustration was always intended to be animated so planning for the animation was critical to the developmental process. The first step was to select a storyboard for …
2nd Painting from my PNTG 203 Oil Techniques Class. On View at the Stryker Center for the Williamsburg Contemporary Art Center.